Faculty Recruitment of DCAT (Deadine: Oct. 1, 2012)
The Department of Communication and Technology at National Chiao Tung University seeks applicants for two tenure track/tenured positions. All areas will be considered, with a special interest in the following areas: 1) Digital Communication, and 2) Media Cultures. We seek top scholars to complement current faculty interests and strengths. Anticipated starting date for these two positions is February 1, 2013. All applicants must obtain a Ph.D. degree in order to apply these positions.
National Chiao Tung University is one of the top research-oriented schools in Taiwan, and has been established for more than a century. The school has received top-university research grant from the government, and emphasizes research excellence in all fields.
The Department of Communication and Technology has excellent faculty in the fields of 1) Communication & Technology, and 2) Media Cultures, two core emphases in the department. We offer undergraduate and graduate-level courses. The master’s program has approximately 35 students. We have several teaching and research facilities with advanced-technology, including the 3D virtual studio.
1. Area of interests: Digital Communication and/or Media Cultures
2. Those who have related industry experience are preferred.
3. Position: Assistant/Associate/ Professor
4. The position starts from Feb. 1, 2013
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields from domestic or foreign universities; or expected to receive the PhD degree before November, 2012.
(2) Researchers or faculty of other universities or research institutes.
(3) One course as a minimum taught in English per year is required
5. Required Applicant Documents (Three copies are required)
(2) Diploma (or proof regarding obtaining a Ph.D. degree before Nov 2012)
(3) Applicants who graduated from the programs in 3 years should submit the transcript
(4) Dissertation (Only for those who applied for the rank of assistant professors)
(5) Statement of research interests and future research agenda in three years & Teaching philosophy
(6) 2~3 Course Syllabi
(7) 3~5 publications in 5 years
(8) Certificate of Appointment (for those who currently are employed in other universities)
(9) 3 recommendation letters（the sealed letters should be sent directly by the referees; who have the rank of/or above associate professors can provide a list of three referee names.）
6. Deadline：October 1, 2012 by postal submission (Postal submissions must be postmarked by Oct. 1, 2012)
(1) Please note “for faculty recruitment ” on your mail bag and send to the following address: Department of Communication and Technology No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302
(2) The documents will not be returned.
(3) For more information please contact Assistant Hsin-Yu Chung, +886-3-513-1513, Email: email@example.com or Chair of Department of Communication and Technology Ti Wei, +886-3-571-2121, ext. 58709, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org