Faculty Recruitment of DCT (Deadine: December 15, 2014)
The Department of Communication and Technology at National Chiao Tung University seeks applicants for two tenure track/tenured positions. All areas will be considered, with a special interest in the following areas: 1) Digital Communication, and 2) Media Cultures. We seek top scholars to complement current faculty interests and strengths. Anticipated starting date for these two positions is February August 1, 2015. All applicants must obtain a Ph.D. degree in order to apply these positions.
National Chiao Tung University is one of the top research-oriented schools in Taiwan, and has been established for more than a century. The school has received top-university research grant from the government, and emphasizes research excellence in all fields.
The Department of Communication and Technology has excellent faculty in the fields of 1) Communication & Technology, and 2) Media Cultures, two core emphases in the department. We offer undergraduate and graduate-level courses. The master’s program has approximately 35 students. We have several teaching and research facilities with advanced-technology, including the 3D virtual studio. For more information, please visit the department web site at https://dcat.nctu.edu.tw/.
1. Area of interests: Digital Communication and/or Media Cultures
2. Those who have related industry experience are preferred.
3. Position: Assistant/Associate/Professor
4. The position starts from Aug. 1, 2015
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields from domestic or foreign universities; or expected to receive the PhD degree before February 2015.
(2) Researchers or faculty of other universities or research institutes.
(3) One course as a minimum taught in English per year is required
6. Required Applicant Documents (Three copies are required)
(1) Curriculum Vitae
(2) Diploma (or proof regarding obtaining a Ph.D. degree before Feb 2015) (3) Applicants who graduated within 3 years should submit an official transcript
(4)Dissertation (Only for those who applied for the rank of assistant professors)
(5)Statement of research interests and future research agenda in three years & Teaching philosophy
(6) 2~3 Course Syllabi
(7) 3~5publications in 5 years
(8) Certificate of Appointment (for those who currently are employed in other universities)
(9) 3 recommendation letters(the sealed letters should be sent directly by the referees; applicants who have the rank of/or above associate professors can provide a list of three referee names.)
6. Deadline:December 15, 2014 by postal submission (Postal submissions must be postmarked by Dec. 15, 2014)
(1) Please note “for faculty recruitment ” on your mail bag and send to the following address: Department of Communication and Technology, No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302, Taiwan, R.O.C.
(2) The documents will not be returned.
(3) For more information please contact Assistant Hsin-Yu Chung, +886-3-513-1513, Email: email@example.com or Chair of Department of Communication and Technology Yupei Chang, +886-3-571-2121, ext. 58708, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org