Faculty Recruitment of DCAT (Deadine: April 5th, 2012)
The Department of Communication and Technology invites the application of full-time professor whose position will begin from 2012 Fall semester.As a full-time member of our faculty, it’s important for the applicants to work with the two main fields of our department: “Communication & Technology” and “Media & Culture.” We welcome those who possess PhD. Degree and scholarly professional accomplishment to apply.（PDF in Chinese）
(1) Digital Communication
a. specializing in the areas of interdisciplinarity of communication and information science
b. bringing the theories and methodology combining both areas and conducting the research about new media studies including digital games, mobile communication and social-networking media.
c. strong candidates will also integrated the working knowledge of industries and practice.
(2) Health and Biomedical Communication
a. specializing in the areas of interdisciplinarity of communication, biology, biomedical science, life science and cognitive neuroscience
b. The candidates with the related experience and knowledge background will be prefered.
2. Position: Assistant/Associate Professor
3. The position starts Aug. 1st, 2012
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields from domestic or foreign universities; or expected to receive the PhD degree before June.
(2) Researchers or faculty of other universities or research institutes.
(3) The incumbent will be required to deliver an English medium course per year.
5. Required Applicant Documents (in triplicate)
(3) Applicants who graduated from the programs in 3 years should submit the transcript
(4)Dissertation (except for the candidates who are already associate professor or professor)
(5) Cover letter of research interests including the research projects or plans for the next 3 years。
(6) 2~3 Course Syllabi
(7) 3~5 publications in 5 years
(8) Certificate of Appointment
(9) 3 recommendation letters（the sealed letters should be sent directly by the referees; applicants who are associate pressor can just provide the referee namelist.）
6. Deadline：April 5th, 2012 by postal submission (Postal submissions must be postmarked by April 5th)
(1) Please note “for faculty recruitment ” on your mail bag and send to the following address: Department of Communication and Technology No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302
(2) The documents will not be returned.
(3) For more information please contact Assistant Hsin-Yu Chung, +886-3-513-1513, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Chair of Department of Communication and TechnologyChen-Chao Tao, +886-3-513-1540, Email: email@example.com