Faculty Recruitment of DCAT (Deadine: Mar. 24, 2013)
The Department of Communication and Technology at National Chiao Tung University seeks applicants for two tenure track/tenured positions. All areas will be considered, with a special interest in the following areas: 1) Media Cultures, and/or 2) Digital Communication. We seek top scholars to complement current faculty interests and strengths. Anticipated starting date for these two positions is August 1, 2013.
National Chiao Tung University is one of the top research-oriented schools in Taiwan, and has been established for more than a century. The school has received top-university research grant from the government, and emphasizes research excellence in all fields.
The Department of Communication and Technology has excellent faculty in the fields of 1) Communication & Technology, and 2) Media Cultures, two core emphases in the department. We offer undergraduate and graduate-level courses. The master’s program has approximately 35 students. We have several teaching and research facilities with advanced-technology, including the 3D virtual studio. For more information, please visit the department web site at https://dcat.nctu.edu.tw/.
1. Area of interests: Media Cultures and/or Digital Communication. Those who have related industry experience are preferred.
2. Rank: Assistant/Associate/Professor
3. Start Date: The position starts from August. 1, 2013
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields from domestic or foreign universities; or expected to receive the PhD degree (or be able to obtain the proof) before May 1, 2013.
(2) Researchers or faculty of other universities or research institutes.
(3) One course as a minimum taught in English per year is required
5. Required Applicant Documents (Three copies are required. Please sort the files following the order with the first one on the top.)
(1) Curriculum Vitae
(2) Diploma (or proof regarding obtaining a Ph.D. degree before May 1, 2013)
(3) Applicants who graduated within 3 years should submit an official transcript
(4)Dissertation (those who have obtained the rank of assistant professor or above are waived to submit this.)
(5)Research statement including research interests and research agenda in the future two years & teaching philosophy. Those who specialize in Hakka studies should specify.
(6) 2 to 3 Course Syllabi
(7) Selected publications (maximum 5 pieces) in the past 5 years
(8) Certificate of Appointment (for those who currently are employed in other universities)
(9) 2 recommendation letters（the sealed letters should be sent directly by the referees, or pdf files sent directly from the referees via emails to the committee chair Dr. Ti at email@example.com; applicants who have the rank of/or above assistant professors can provide a list of two referee names.）
6. Deadline：March 24, 2013 by postal submission(Postal submissions must be postmarked by March 24, 2013)
(1) Applicants should enclose all above-mentioned documents, and please specify “faculty recruitment” on the mail bag. The documents should be sent to the following address before the deadline: Department of Communication and Technology, No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302, Taiwan, R.O.C.
(2) The applied documents will not be returned. Please enclose a return mail if you would like to have these documents be returned to you.
(3) For more information please contact the department assistant Hsin-Yu Chung, via +886-3-513-1513 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dr. Ti Wei, Chair of Department of Communication and Technology, via +886-3-571-2121, ext. 58709, or Email: email@example.com