- Ph.D.University of Washington/ Human Centered Design & Engineering
- M.S.University of Michigan/ School of Information, HCI
- B.A. Journalism, National Cheng Chi University
- Reporter,Economy Daily News
- Human Computer Interaction
- Ubiquitous Computing
- New Media Studies
Publications, Projects and Honors
【 Publications 】
1. Chen, Y.Y., Rosner, D., Li, T., Hiniker, A. 2019. “Understanding Parents’ Perspectives on Mealtime Technology”. Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), 3(1), 5. (Ubicomp)
2. Yen,K., Chen, Y.Y., Cheng, Y., Chen, S., Ni, Y., Chen, Y.Y., Hiniker, A. 2018. “Joint Media Engagement between Parents and Preschoolers in the U.S., China, and Taiwan.” Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 2(CSCW), 192
3. Chen, Y.Y, Yip, J., Rosner, D., Hiniker, A. 2018. “Lights, Music, Stamps”! Evaluating Mealtime Tangibles for Preschoolers.”2019. Proceedings of the 13th Annual ACM on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interactions (TEI).
4. Chen, Y.Y., Baljon, K.L, Tran, B., Rosner, D., Hiniker, A. 2018. ”The Stamp Plate and the Kicking Chair: Playful Productivity for Mealtime in Preschools.” Proceedings of the 17th Annual ACM Conference on Interaction Design and Children (IDC).
5. Chen, Y. Y., Bentley, F., Holz, C., & Xu, C. 2015. Sharing (and discussing) the moment: The conversations that occur around shared mobile media. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (pp. 264-273). (Mobile HCI)
6. Bentley, F. R., Chen, Y. Y., & Holz, C. 2015. Reducing the Stress of Coordination: Sharing Travel Time Information Between Contacts on Mobile Phones. In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 967-970) (CHI). Honorable Mention Award (Top 5%)
7. Bentley, F. R., & Chen, Y. Y. 2015. The Composition and Use of Modern Mobile Phonebooks. In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2749-2758) (CHI).