- Ph.D. in Communications, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, U.S.A. 2000.
Dissertation Title: U.S. Television News Coverage of Korea and Japan: A Comparative Content Analysis of Evening News
- M.S. in Communication, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN, U.S.A. 1996.
- M. A. in Journalism & Mass Communication, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 1991.
- B. A. in Journalism & Mass Communication, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 1989.
- Professor and Department Chair, Department of Journalism & Mass Communication, Hanyang University ERICA, 2016~Present.
- Associate Professor, Department of Journalism & Mass Communication, Hanyang University, 2012~2016.
- Editor, Journal of Cultural Policy, 2010. 3 – 2011. 2.
- Visiting Scholar, Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington, 2009~2010.
- Board Member, Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies (KSJCS), 2009.
- Board Member, Korea Association for Cultural Economics (KACE), 2007.
- Vice President, Korean Society for Cultural Industry (KSCI), 2008.
- Board Member, Korea Foundation for International Cultural Exchange (KOFICE), 2003.
- Research Fellow, Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, 2000~2012.
- Coordinator, Planning Division, Korean Broadcasters Association, 1991. 7. – 1994. 12.
- Cultural Policy
- Social Impacts of Information and Communication Technologies
- Media Economics
- Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies
Publications, Projects and Honors
- Chon, B. S., Lee, J. , Jeong, H. , Park, J., & Park, J. (2018), Determinants of the Intention to Protect Personal Information among Facebook Users. ETRI Journal, 40:1, 146-155.
- Park, J.& Lee, G. (2012). Associations between personality traits and experiential gratification in an online gaming context. Social Behavior and Personality: An international journal, 40:5, 855-862.
- Park, J., Song, Y., & Teng, C. I. (2011). Exploring the Links Between Personality Traits and Motivations to Play Online Games. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 14:12, 747-751
- Park, J.Lee, G., & Park, M. (2011). Service Quality Dimensions Perceived by Film Festival Visitors. Event Management. 15:1, 49-61.
- Park, M., Oh, H., & Park, J. (2010) Measuring the Experience Economy of Film Festival Participants, International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 10:2, 35-54
- Park, J.(2003). Contrasts in the Coverage of Korea and Japan by US Television Networks: A Frame Analysis. Gazette, 65:2, 145-164.
- Park, J.(2002). How US television networks cover Korea and Japan: Contrasts in the coverage. Asian Journal of Communication. 12:1, 1-24.
- Lee, G. & Park, J. (2018). The Influence of SNS Use Motivation on SNS Addiction. The Korean Journal of Advertising & Public Relations, 20:3, 301-326.
- Huang, Y. T. & Park, J. (2017). Taiwanese Korean Drama Viewing Experience through the Internet Prior to Official Import and Its Relationship with the Afterward Intention to View the Officially Scheduled Drama: The Case of 〈The Legend of the Blue Sea〉by SBS. Journal of Media Economics & Culture, 15:4, 130~163.
- Choi, M., Lee, G., & Park, J. (2017). The Influences of Cultural Capital on the Experiential Satisfaction of Art Gallery Visits and Post-visit Intentions. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 31:2, 55-73.
- Lee, G. & Park, J. (2016). Leisure Lifestyle and Culture and Art Consumption: Cases of Art Gallery Visitors. Review of Culture & Economy, 19:2, 3-28.
- Lee, S. Y. & Park, J. (2016). A Study on the Intention of the Use of Mobile Payment Services: Application of the Technology Acceptance Model. Korean Management Science Review, 33:2, 65-74.
- Park, J.(2016). The Impact of Art Gallery Visitors’ Motivation and Perceived Quality of Experience on Satisfaction. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16:4, 123-131.
- Chon, B. S., Park, J., & Park, S. (2016). Determinants of Cultural Consumption. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 30:1, 182-202.
- Yoon, Y. & Park, J. (2015). Association between Outcome Evaluation and Satisfaction of Culture and Art Education. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15:6, 597-605
- Lee, G., Park, J., & Choi, M. (2014). The Effects of Self – Construal and Message Orientation on Value Advocacy Advertising. Korean Management Science Review, 31:4, 15-28.
- Park, J.(2014). Content Analysis of Newspapers’ Travel News. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 14:11, 68-78.
- Lee, G., Park, J., & Choi, M. (2014). The Impacts of Perceived Service Quality on the Brand Personality of the International Film Festivals held in Korea. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 25:7, 161-185.
- Park, J.& Choi, M. (2014). Exploring the Relationships among Visitor Motivation, Experiential Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions within the Film Festival Context. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 28:1, 157-174.
- Chung, H. I. & Park, J. (2013). Association between Visitors’ Motivation and Satisfaction in International Film Festivals Held in Korea. Journal of Arts Management and Policy, 28, 5-27.
- Park, J.& Chung, H. I. (2013). Exploring the Links between Psychological Traits and Game Immersion in a Children and Adolescent Sample. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13:11, 665-676.
- Park, J.(2013). Association between the Motivation of Cultural Consumption and Experiential Satisfaction: An Analysis of the Visitors of the National Museum of Korea. Journal of Public Relations, 17:3, 7-37.
- Park, J.& Nam, Y. N. (2012). A Comparative Analysis of Profiles at the International Film Festivals. Review of Culture & Economy, 15:1, 115-141.
- Chon, B. S., Park, J., & Park, S. (2012). The Effects of Cultural Tastes on Blog Uses. Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 29:1, 127-158.
- Park, J.(2011). Experience Economy of Cultural Consumption: A Survey of Museum Visitors. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 25:2, 217-241.
- Park, J.(2010). Film Tastes, Film Consumption, and Film Festival Experiences: An Application of the Cultural Capital Perspective. Review of Culture & Economy, 13:2, 17-198.
- Park, J.& Song, Y. (2010). College Students’ Motivations for Playing Online Games and Experiential Satisfaction. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 54:5, 131-154.
- Park, J., Chung, H. I., & Shim, W. (2010). Pine and Gilmore’s Four Realms of Experience Economy and the Visitor Satisfaction within the Film Festival Context. Journal of Media Economics & Culture, 8:3, 93-129.
- Song, Y. & Park, J. (2009). A Study of Scale Development for the Evaluation of Service Quality in International Film Festivals. Journal of Communication Science, 9:3, 251-283.
- Park, J., Park, M., & Lee, G. (2009). Perception on the Service Quality of Serious Film Festival Visitors and their Satisfaction. Journal of Tourism Studies, 21:1, 3-23.
- Park, J.& Song, Y. (2009). Factors of Service Quality, Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions. Review of Culture & Economy, 12:1, 47-73.
- Park, J.(2008). The Service Quality of International Film Festivals and Visitors’ Satisfaction: Cases of Six Events Held in Korea. Journal of Public Relations, 12:2, 135-163.
- Park, J.(2008). A Study on Broadcast Professionals’ and Researchers’ Perceptions of Lifting the Ban on Japanese Broadcast Programs. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 20, 245-265.
- Lee, G. & Park, J. (2006). A Frame Analysis of News Coverage on The Kimchie Risk in 2005. Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, 20:5, 260-305.
- Park, J.& Lee, G. (2004). A Study on the Effects of the Newspaper Coverage of Motion Pictures on Box Office Performance. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 48:6, 62-83.