- Ph.D.PÉcole des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS) Sociology
- M.S.Université Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3 Cultural Mediation
- M.S.National Chengchi University (NCCU) Journalism
- B.A. National Chiao Tung University Communication & Technology
- Visiting scholar,University of Virginia sociology
- Research Assistant.College of Communication, National Chengchi University
- Ｅmotion and Sociology
- Communication Technology and Ｇender
- Ｃultural Ｓociology
- Ａudienc and Ｄaily life
- Qualitative research
- Intimate relationships and La société de consommatio
Publications, Projects and Honors
【 Masterpiece 】
1. Chen, W. P. (2019). “Parisian seduction,” romantic emotion, and cultural consumption. A discursive study on the ideal of female singlehood in Taiwan and France. (Doctorate thesis). École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Paris, France.
2. Chen, W. P. (2019). Belabored postfeminist wifedom. Cultural Studies. Advanced online publication. DOI: 10.1080/09502386.2019.1618357 [SSCI]
3. Chen, W. P. (2019). Review of Rated Agency: Investee Politics in a Speculative Age, by Michel Feher.
4. Lateral: Journal of the Cultural Studies Association, 8(1). DOI: 10.25158/L8.1.17 [EBSCO; Online ISSN 2469–4053]
5. Chen, W. P. (in press). Review of Heading Home: Motherhood, Work, and the Failed Promise of Equality by Shani Orgad. Sociological Research Online. [SSCI]
Chen, W. P. (under review/major revision). Meeting on a dating app, “making it real” at a dining table: The making of mobile-mediated intimacy through the cultural consumption of “foodies.” Cultural Studies. [SSCI]
Chen, W. P. (forthcoming). Fabricating “Parisian seduction” in Taiwan. A sociological view of cultural fantasy as intimate commodities. In S. Braig, S. Fleischauer & S. Zhivkov (Eds.) ERCCT Online Paper Series: Young Scholars Workshop 2019 Selected Collection. Tübingen, Germany: European Research Center on Contemporary Taiwan-University of Tübingen. [scheduled for publication in spring 2020]
【 Seminar 】
陳維平（2019 年 11 月）。消費社會中的世界性公民或情感主體？論台灣女性參與海外「自助」婚紗旅拍。「2019 台灣社會學會年會—在虛實之間：關鍵時代的台灣社會與社會學」。台北：中央研究院。
陳維平（2018 年 3 月）。巴黎風(格)／情(感)單身指南：論消費社會中的跨文化情感主體。「2018 文化研究年會：文化在民間」（分組會議：時空文化）。台北：台灣大學。
Chen, W. P. (2019, August). Overseas Pre-wedding photography, consumerist, and female individualism. Paper presented at European Sociological Association (ESA) Annual Conference – Europe and Beyond: Boundaries, Barriers, and Belonging [JS_RN11_RN13-Families, Intimate Relationships and Emotions in the Making of Social Worlds – Parallel Session 9: The Transformative and Regressive Potentialities of New Social Forms], Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK.
Chen, W. P. (2019, August). Meeting on a dating app, “making it real” at a dining table: Analyzing discourse on the mobile-mediated intimacy of “foodies.” Paper presented at American Sociological Association (ASA) Annual Meeting – Engaging Social Justice for a Better World [Sociology of Consumers and Consumption Roundtable 1: Space and Place; Virtual and Physical], New York, USA.
Chen, W. P. (2019, July). Gendering mobile-mediated dating through intimate commodities. Paper presented at International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Annual Conference – Communication, Technology, and Human Dignity: Disputed Rights,Contested Truths [Gender and Communication Section 1A: Cyber-femme Culture], Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
Chen, W. P. (2018, September). Mediated modern (un)love stories and female empowerment: Consuming emotional feminist identities and lifestyles on French women’s social networking sites. Paper presented at European Sociological Association (ESA) RN18 Mid-Term Conference – Communication, Capitalism and Social Change: Policy, Practice, Praxis [Parallel Session 3B], University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Chen, W. P. (2017, July). “Parisian seduction” discussions over single women on social media.Paper presented at Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (IACS) Conference 2017 – Worlding: Asia beyond/after Globalization [Parallel Session: Women and New Media], Sungkonghoe University, Seoul, South Korea.
Chen, W. P. (2019, July). Fabricating “Parisian seduction” in Taiwan. A sociological view of cultural fantasy as intimate commodities. Paper presented at European Research Center on Contemporary Taiwan (CCKF-ERCCT) 7th Young Scholar Workshop – China’s New Sharp Power: Consequences for Taiwan and Europe [Panel 3: Taiwan Society and Social Movements], University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany.
Chen, W. P. (2018, June). Fabricating “Parisian seduction”: Love- and life-styles and cultural fantasy in modern capitalism. Paper presented at European Sociological Association (ESA) PhD Summer School 2018 – Reinventing Sociology in Uncertain Times: Sociological Research and Writing in the 21st Century [Group Work Parallel Session I], Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Paris, France.